704 E. Pioneer Pkwy.
Arlington, TX 76010
- Meat: a well-balanced mix of smooth and honeycomb cuts, cooked to the perfect degree of tenderness.
- Hominy: as I asked for extra hominy, the hominy to meat ratio was slightly more than 1:1, but I personally like it that way.
- Broth: perfect level of saltiness and a bit of a spicy kick, not too watery, but not too thick. Slightly on the greasy side, which I prefer. (Probably from the fat that melted off the several small pieces of pork “pata” bone that were left in the broth for flavor.)
- Toppings: automatically comes with lime, onion, and jalapeño, but they were happy to add cilantro** (SEE ADDENDUM AT THE BOTTOM); the portions were just right.
- Tortillas: homemade flour or corn, soft and fresh; if bread is more your thing, they do that, too.
- Availability: any day of the week.
- Price: $7.95 for the medium and $9.95 for the large. The small for $6.95 is also available on Saturdays and Sundays.