500 W. William Cannon Dr.
Austin, TX 78745
- Meat: Yes, and lots of it, but honestly, after finding a hair in the bowl, I lost my appetite and wasn’t willing to see if it had both the smooth and honeycomb cuts.
- Hominy: None! Not even upon request!
- Toppings: Cilantro, onions. No lime or jalapeños, not even upon request.
- Tortillas: Pretty good! I think they should stick to making tortillas.
- Availability: Call for availability.
Although it was all right and not as bad as I was expecting it, as it was only my fourth time to try menudo, I was highly disappointed by the lack of pozole (hominy). At some places, it’s true, you do have to request it. But they had none whatsoever. It wasn’t even an option! Then my companion found an unidentifiable hair in his menudo. It was clearly a human hair, and it was neither mine nor his. There was no way I was going to finish eating the bowl of menudo at that point. The place also seemed generally unkempt and dirty.
Overall, the flavor was okay, but the cuts of meat were a bit too large and chewy. They only had cilantro and onions for the toppings. No lime or jalapeño. The tortillas were pretty good, since they are a tortilleria. Maybe they should stick to making tortillas.
Not recommended unless you’re a hard-core menudo lover and can eat a giant bowl of cow stomach without the pozole.
$5.50 for a large-sized bowl (small to go $4 / large to go $8)